Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Proposal to fix Autel Issues
Proposal to fix Autel Issues

3066 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-19 06:00:05

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US
    2015-07-17 18:12:10
     Hello,

As you know there is an ongoing issue with the new updates that are causing functions and/or features to be removed for the Autel units. 

With that being said, I have talk to the support in China. I will be in charge to provide support between customers and members of Autel as well as assisting the engineers and support for Autel China.

The main goal of the new updates are to improve the interface of the diagnostics and prevent any further litigation that comes from other manufacturers.

Their intent is not to change or remove the features or functions. 

Right now, the leaders and managers of Autel are very aware of the serious situation at hand and working very hard to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. 

They are comparing the previous to current version and see what went wrong.

To expedite the issues, I asked everyone to please email me at jonerikb@autel.us for the issue that you are having.

Please provide Year, make, model, engine size, and VIN as well as serial number of scanner. For MaxiSys and MaxiDas units, please datalog and provide as much detailed description of the issue. For all other units, please provide as much as detailed description of issue as well.

The more detail you give us on the issue, the better our support can quickly provide to fix the issue.

Please give engineers some time to fix this issue. They will analyze the problem like the way we diagnose the problems on vehicles. 

I will provide a list of issues for the scanners to the support team in China on a daily basis as much as possible. 

Let’s work together as a team to get these issues resolved so we can move into bigger and better things.

If any questions, please let me know.

Jon-Erik Balagot

Technical Support

Autel US California

•   Level 4   
    (121) points
    77fxe

2015-07-17 20:50:50 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

Erik I have a Question....Is there anyone I can talk to about my problem? I downloaded GM 7.0 which everyone knows had major problems and naturally I expired couple days later. I was stuck with this and it was getting aggravating. So I called autel US and they told me you guys could not send hit for 1 mfg it was all or nothing( get another sub)was told I could do a reset ( from tech support). Which I was told may wipe out everything. Well I took the risk and now I have no diagnostic apps( mfg apps). Am I thinking wrong? Is it my fault that 7.0 was corrupt? I can say because of 7.0 and reset which was recommended I have a useless diagnostic tool. This is a great tool and the potential is mind blowing. I'm sorry but I do not think I should pay for another sub to get this fixed. Again, am I wrong for thinking this way? All I did was hit the GM update button.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-17 21:33:59 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

yes Erik that sounds like a brilliant Idea to me, and am sure others may support it as well. now I have a question and we talked about this and a dozen other things that you did not mentioned here but we will get to that at a later time . my main question at this time is how are we going to help you, help Autel, achieve this if our tools expired, I got 11 of them, plus 300  I helped sell. or are you telling us we need to buy updates to help you help Autel restore the software that we already payed for in full plus the purchase of the tools. or is this suggestions directed mostly for new members and not intended for us the current ones . sorry but since you did not mentioned anything I thought I asked. most of us already expired while sending data logs and posting them here on the forum  for a year, in my case 3, the reason why I have been saying for years to post here on the forum and not  to just data log it, so it can't be hidden from us. you see the chinese are not the only ones that can tell in which direction the wind is going to blow ahead of time, I have been around too, believe me, this is not my first rodeo. when we chat thru skipe  I gave you a dozen suggestions, and you had another dozen of them too but I see none here, other than to help you. all I see, and you gonna have to excuse me again but i see a tech support working for china and not us. I thought we were getting somewhere but i can see you have adopted autel's ways also. good day man. and don't count on me for anything. I don't wish to receive emails from you or anyone related to autel in this highway robbery and scams you people got going here. and one last thing if I don't see results here and soon i will take this one step further and autel is not going to like it one bit. I have fought many battles, and bloody ones. this is a peace of cake. don't piss me off  any further. 

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003

2015-07-18 07:00:20 (Reply to:ede65)

ERIK,

We should not have to send you data logs and bullshit!  You know what was removed from the other versions.  If your company was not so shady in how they got their functionality maybe these lawsuits wouldnt be going on.  Your going to have a huge class action suit from all of us techs if you do not restore full functionality.  You advertised all of this coding and such which was their originally but removed to cover your ass.  Thats false advertisement my friend!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-18 17:49:02 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

Hi Mr Erik,

I have seen your post regarding (Proposal to fix Autel Issues) and at the same time your asking all Autel Tool users to help you in fixing the software issue by sending you or to Support Team a Data Log Files well I can understand that because we all want Autel Tool to be the best in the market...................But, now I don't understand what the hell is this System Updates with the Disclaimer Massage................? Are you or, Autel Company trying to cover them self after all the mess done by your engineers....................?

I don't think what you or, Autel is doing is the right thing by posting this System Updates I personally advice you to ask Autel to remove this updates.............and if you don't do so than I am sure we all  will have to think about taking the next step like Mr Ede as mentioned in his reply to your post..................Which I am sure you or,Autel will not like it as they already have many cases to face before and they don't want one more case against 300 to 1500 Autel users....................do they really want to...........????

If we members are trying to help and work as a team than I don't think you or, Autel has to be that smart and start posting some silly updates...............Instead of post some silly updates ask your engineers to concentrate on fixing the software's and post some sensible updates so we all can make our living.................In short no body wants to put Autel in trouble as no one has that silly time we all have many better things to do but, if Autel thinks they are smart by posting this System Updates.............Than they will be forcing members to start thinking of next step.......................

Therefore think about it and lets work as a team to make this Tool number ONE !!!!

Advice to my fellow Members !!!

Please do not install this System Updates please see the attached picture below in my other post.....................

http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/Diagnostics/18909.jhtml?logoTypeId=4&typeName=Europe%20Cars

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais

2015-07-19 06:00:05

Hello Mr. Erik,

Senior professional experienced members of this forum already wrote about the issues, gave suggestions and tried to support Autel which is enough to open the eyes of Autel team but Autel is still sleeping.

http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/CorporateInformation/462.jhtml
    Jun.2014, Autel is officially converted into Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd.

So, where is Autel intelligence? Why this intelligence is decaying from the software. Really, I am feeling that it's useless to write something constructive here because it seems that Autel team is not interested to grow the business in a professional way.

You are talking about members' support. I do not want to write here because this is an open forum as decided by Autel. But as Autel needs support from the members, here is an example. I sent datalog of Hyundai/Kia because ECM was not scanned and some other fellow already mentioned the trick for a solution and I received the reply that it is not developed but I am surprised that the ECM is scanned through EOBD from the same tool. About one Vehicle I received the reply "E... engineers (a vehicle brand, I am not writing intentionally) confirmed E.. doesn't have engine system, that's why it's not there. They checked some third devices, and found they don't have that too." Can you imagine a vehicle without an engine system? The email is in my inbox.

I am a software programmer and a hardware designer as well but not as good as Autel Engineers. I am developing a product for some earning and I know that it has a bug and I am not marketing it till that issue will be solved.

My update subscription is expired now but to renew it I will think 22/7 times till I will get remainder 0 or Autel updates will be working updates. Now, Autel has to decide which will win 22/7 or Autel updates.

And now "Autel Tools User Disclaimers System Updates". I am feeling that I am getting headache. See you soon Intelligent guys, and you too my fellow members. I love my Autel MaxiSys Pro. Hope you will be upgraded.
  Total1 Pages